Together with you, Dr. Pearson will address practical issues such as managing time, maintaining focus, and becoming overall more effective in both your personal and professional life. She will help you to focus on understanding your needs and setting goals for creating new behavior patterns. Dr. Pearson will provide encouragement, recommendations, feedback, and concrete techniques such as reminders, questions, and calendar monitoring to help clients stay on track.
Benefits of ADHD Coaching
Nancy A. Ratey, Ed.M., MCC, SCAC writes: “What can coaching do for you? It can help in:
- Identifying your specific strengths and weaknesses
- Setting realistic goals
- Learning to prioritize
- Creating necessary structures to stay on track and meet deadlines
- Utilizing strategies without giving up; becoming more resilient
- Improving organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivating by means of your “internal dialogue” and self-observation
- Learning productive ways to handle details of your daily life
- Improving personal habits, such as exercise and nutrition
- Setting up a more efficient environment to meet your needs.”
(Copyright 2009, Nancy Ratey, adhdcoaches.org)
ADHD Coaching for Students
Dr. Pearson will help students learn how and when to study, how to prioritize assignments, how to stay focused, know when to start a project or paper and how to organize it, and how to add balance to your life, including relationships, social activities, exercise, nutrition, and stress management – not just your studies.
ADHD Coaching for Adults
Dr. Pearson will help you organize your tasks at home and at work, plan your daily schedule, set priorities, set goals and specific methods for achieving them on time, help you stay focused and on task, and help you achieve balance in all aspects of your life, including work, relationships, social activities, stress management, exercise, and nutrition.